Heritage of India
- Mumbai- Ajanta - Udaipur- Jodhpur- Bikaner-Jaipur-Ranthambore-Agra- Delhi
- 8 Days / 7 Nights journey
- Departure dates - October 2013 - April 2014
- Departure - Mumbai
- Arrival - Delhi
A journey into history to experience the splendour of a by gone era.
Discover the bustling commercial city of Mumbai and the national Capital Delhi. Admire the beautiful cave paintings at Ajanta, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Visit the shimmering Lake City of Udaipur and the majestic fort at Jodhpur and enjoy sundowner on the sand dunes at Bikaner. Soak in the colorful Pink City of Jaipur. See from close quarters the legendry tigers at Ranthambore and one of the Seven Wonders of the World 'The Taj mahal' all this and more in utmost luxury.
Day 1: Saturday : Board the Train at Mumbai onto Ajanta (Embark- 1640 hrs)
Board the Train at Mumbai onto Ajanta - After traditional welcome, complete your registration formalities and proceed to board the train. Dinner on board.
Day 02:Sunday Ajanta Caves
Ajanta Caves - Visit the world heritage site of Ajanta Marvel the rock cut caves dating back to 2nd Century B.C. with their exquisite frescoes and sculptures
Day 03: Monday : Udaipur
Udaipur - Admire the magnificent landscape as you arrive into Udaipur. Visit landscape as you arrive into Udaipur. Visit the City palace and Crystal Gallery. Experience traditional hospitality over lunch at an exclusive venue and later proceed for an optional walking tour through the colourful and vibrant Old Market or visit the Vintage car collection of the royal family or enjoy an enthralling Sound and Light show in the Palace.
Day 04:Tuesday :Jodhpur
Jodhpur - A ride through countryside brings you to Jodhpur. Enjoy a walking tour of the Old Clock Tower Market and continue to the majestic Mehrangarh Fort. Later, savour dinner at an exclusive venue. Enjoy visit to a local village as a optional activity.
Day 5: Wednesday : Bikaner
Bikaner - Arrive at the desert kingdom of Bikaner. Take an optional excursion to Deshnok (Rat Temple) or Lalgarh Palace Museum or Camel breeding Farm or Shop for Kundan Jewellery. In the afternoon visit the unassailable fortress of Junagarh. Participate in a camel-cart procession followed by sundowner cocktails, barbecue and folk performance on the sand dunes.
Day 6: Thursday : Jaipur
Jaipur - The 'Pink City' of Jaipur welcomes you with an exhibition elephant polo match and champagne lunch at an exclusive venue. Thereafter, proceed for visit to the impregnable Amber Fort followed by free time for optional activities-shopping/Spa/Golfing/visit to City Palace.
Day 7: Friday :Sawai Madhopur (Ranthambore) - Fatehpur Sikri
Ranthambore - Fatehpur Sikri - Embark on an exciting game drive into the Ranthambore National Park. Continue the journey to see the fascinating royal court complex of Fatehpur Sikri.
Day 8: Saturday : Agra - Delhi (Disembark)
Agra - Disembark in Agra - Proceed for an early morning visit to the exquisite Taj Mahal followed by champagne breakfast. Continue to Delhi as your journey come to an end.Highlights:
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Ajanta Cave Monuments.
Indulge in a Royal Lunch at the Udaipur
Enjoy Cocktail Dinner with Marwar Culinary Delight in Jodhpur
Camel procession followed by Sundowner Cocktails at the Sand Dunes in Bikaner
Witness an Exhibition Elephant Polo Match in Jaipur.
An exciting Game Drive at Ranthambore National Park.
Visit the Magnificent Taj Mahal at Agra and enjoy Champagne breakfast
Heritage of India (8 Days/7 Nights)
|ROOMING||TWIN/DOUBLE||SINGLE SUPPLEMENT||CHILD (SHARING CABIN PARENTS ,5-12 yrs)|
|Deluxe Cabin||$ 6,840||$ 5,160||$ 3,420|
|Junior Suite||$ 9,890||$ 8,910||$ 4,950|
|Suite Double||$ 13,800||$ 13,800||$ 6,900|
|Presidential Suite||$ 23,700||$ 23,700||$ 11,900|
- All costs are in US Dollars.
- The above cost is a per person per Journey Cost.
- Validity - October 2013 - April 2014
- The above cost does not include 3.09% Govt. Service Tax and is charged extra.
- Prices are subject to change incase of any amendment in the routing or any other hikes such as fuel, taxes etc.
INCLUSION AND EXCLUSIONS FOR ALL 3 JOURNEYS
- Accommodation in double / twin bedded cabins with en suite bathrooms.
- All meals, soft beverages, house brands of Indian wines, beer and spirits
- Butler service.
- Guided off train excursions as illustrated in the journeys inclusive of entrance fees, still camera fee, transport and services of a guide.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water on board.
- Porterage at stations.
- Any optional tours as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Taxes, Insurance, Gratuities.
- Telephone calls, laundry, alcoholic beverages (apart from the house brands of wines, spirits, beer served in the restaurants and bar)
- Video, film and professional still camera fees.
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- International and domestic air tickets.
- Pre and post tour accommodation and any tour extensions are not included unless specifically mentioned as part of the journeys.
CATEGORIES OF CABINS AVAILABLE ON MAHARAJAS' EXPRESS
15 Twin Deluxe Cabins &05 Double Deluxe Cabins 12 Twin Junior Suites &06 Double junior Suites 04 Double Suites 01 Presidential Suite (is a two bedroom Suite with 01 double &01 twin room)
|Room Category||Twin||Double||Total Cabins||Total Pax|
|Presidential Suite (has a double & twin room)||-||1||1||4|
Heritage of India
A truly spectacular journey through Western India & the legendary Taj Mahal !